- Music - Anything musical in nature
- Background (BGM) - Music that plays in the background.
- Action - Music that plays while there's some sort of action going on (mostly combat).
- Ambient - Ambient background noise, such as the hum of the ship, or the sound of wind or animals on the planet (assuming there is such things on that particular floating rock).
- Effects (SFX) - Sounds made by particular objects. If it's a sound effect that comes from no particular thing, like a bird chirping somewhere that the player can't see or get to, or beeping from random panels on the ship, then it's ambient. In simple terms, if the player hears it no matter where they're standing in an environment (ship, field, cave, etc.), then it's ambient. If the player hears it based on proximity to something else, then it belongs in SFX.
- Shipboard - Things that belong to the ship and the things on the ship.
- Planetside - Things that belong to the things on the planet.
- Indiscriminate - Things that can be used in multiple locations, like weapon sounds and some of the BGM.
If you have a finished (or semi-finished) piece of audio that you would like included in the master list at the bottom of this post, please put the link in a reply to this thread, along with a classification. This can be a link to the file itself, or a link to the particular piece on SoundCloud, or any way that people can click and listen to the sound/song/ambient/etc., ideally in their web browser (most web browsers these days support playing MP3 and other audio formats natively).
If you disagree with a classification, bring it up in the thread, with your case for why it should be reclassified, and it will be reviewed by myself (and possibly my yet-to-be-appointed heads of respective divisions, if and when I decide that the situation warrants subdivision of management).
AiseKrom - https://soundcloud.com/aisekrom/trillek-exploration
Flalaski - https://soundcloud.com/corymahler/trillek-01