Working with Artists (Procedural Content Generation)

All that pretty stuff that we so desperately need. Even if it's just an idea or some concept art.

Moderator: DarkSpartan

Re: Working with Artists (Procedural Content Generation)

Postby ChemicalRascal » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:29 pm

Some sort of symmetry function in the ship design thing would definitely be a good idea. I'm not sure if I can see a case for more than planar symmetry, though, as players won't be building vertical stacks, but rather "space ships" which almost always have a focus on a common horizontal frame in SciFi.
ChemicalRascal

Postby clonk2u » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:34 pm

Yes, but for space station, and some types of ships, rotational symmetry would be a huge time saver. Its just an idea.
clonk2u

Postby DarkSpartan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:19 am

clonk2u wrote:Yes, but for space station, and some types of ships, rotational symmetry would be a huge time saver. Its just an idea.

It's an idea that works, to boot. Also, the lack of a vertical stack only works if you don't have to walk on the walls.
DarkSpartan
Lead Designer

Postby ChemicalRascal » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:32 am

clonk2u wrote:Yes, but for space station, and some types of ships, rotational symmetry would be a huge time saver. Its just an idea.

That's true, space stations would. Supporting the player making stuff like toroids from segments would be very cool.

DarkSpartan wrote:Also, the lack of a vertical stack only works if you don't have to walk on the walls.

I am entirely confused to what you mean.
ChemicalRascal

Previous

Return to Art