Lets get some concept art in here!

All that pretty stuff that we so desperately need. Even if it's just an idea or some concept art.

Moderator: DarkSpartan

Re: Lets get some concept art in here!

Postby SirAwesomelot » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:19 pm

Yeah, we're definitely skinning the models. It'll probably end up looking something like this:
http://0x10c.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/akByX.jpeg
SirAwesomelot

Postby Ravener96 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:27 pm

on that, has anyone asked notch if he wishes to contribute to the comunity with textures, models or engine parts? as he has abandoned the project it would be incredibly helpeful if he donated something as it would gather the comunity around his original idea.
also, it would give us a starting point to build upon and/or something to model our own stuff on.
Ravener96

Postby Styxos » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi guys an honor to be in the art team now :). Who want to see some stuff plz look in my Introduction thread. For now i made an alien, just "concept"-Art. I hope some like it.
The material/texture was a quick made not really good but in time i make an nice polypainting on it.
Here are the pics:
My favourite posing :).
Styxos

Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:32 pm

Here are some pen doodles of some ideas I had today, I'm not the best drawer, and also I didn't bother with anticipating what would be hidden by other objects. Each picture also has a short description, detailing what is in the picture.

Large space Station
The concept behind this space station is that it is rotating to generate an artificial sense of gravity.

The diameter is around 500m, allowing the ship to do a full revolution twice per minute, creating the equivalent of 1g of gravity. The rotation and space station is powered by the 4 very large photovoltaic solar arrays.

The main entrance is the dark circle on the end of the station, an additional entrance is on the side of the station, rotating with the station. Though designed as a fast escape hatch in case of an emergency, the side entrance is lightly guarded, and would be useful for players attempting to assault the station, if they can manage to land their vessel in it without the assistance of a tractor beam.

Low-mid tiered ship
A typical player ship equipped with an Alcubierre warp drive. For sub-FTL travel it is powered by 5 solid rocket fuel boosters.

The ring shaped Alcubierre warp drive is connected to the main vessel with a single beam. Unlike other warp drives, all equipment required to generate the negative energy required for warping is contained in the Alcubierre ring, which is why it is thicker when compared to other warp drives.
IRC: |Andy|
Andrew

Postby Snow » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:28 pm

-
Last edited by Snow on Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snow

Postby hobgoblin007 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:26 pm

Nice! Love the robot bug.
hobgoblin007

Postby clonk2u » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:59 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16V0SH9yK6c

Some door concept art developed in the IRC, tell me if you can think of any more door movements

Also, Portal door.
clonk2u

Postby Snow » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:30 am

Those are some highly erotic doors.
Snow

Postby hobgoblin007 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:23 am

Retro Blaster (Minus trigger and textures for now)

hobgoblin007

Postby mrout » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:12 am

clonk2u wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16V0SH9yK6c

Some door concept art developed in the IRC, tell me if you can think of any more door movements

Also, Portal door.

I like the first rotating disk one, and the vertically up-and-down door.
mrout

PreviousNext

Return to Art