I don't see it happening anywhere else, so I'm hijacking Software Human Resources.
For the moment I need the following information from all people who wish to work software development.
Private message me the information below:
- - E-mail address.
- Your Timezone.
- Language proficiencies, and scaling from 1 to 10 of your ability. ("C++ = 7" for example.)
- API Proficiencies, and a scaling from 1 to 10 of your ability. ("Boost = 7" for example.)
- Other Skill Proficiencies, and a scaling from 1 to 10 of your ability. ("3D Modelling = 7" for example.)
- Professional Status, and years of experience. ("Computer Science Major, Senior" or "Software Engineer, 10 Years")
- Hours available per week. (Rough estimate, not critical.)
I don't want more or less information than this right now. More information will likely be requested later, but we need this minimal data on hand at the moment so that it's consolidated and organized when we start working organizational stuff. We will poll you for what you want to do, special cases of experience, and other personal preferences later.
Other than that, try to be patient while we sort out this huge rush of support and community effort to hone it into a viable and efficient machine.