What *EDITED* An unfortunate incident.

Talk about the project. Anything you want, it does not have to be about the actual development.

What *EDITED* An unfortunate incident.

Postby mrout » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:09 am

*Edited for reasoning contents not changed. This is something that happened in a unfortunate way. We have taken from this and will try to get stronger. Mrout I wish you luck in your endeavors. I know you were not asked to resign, but it happened and the community will miss your unique attitude and honesty.*

This is unacceptable.

The official Project Trillek IRC channel is #trillek-dev.

The lead programmer is mrout.

Yet why am I no longer an administrator? Where is my Lead Developer forum title? Why have I been removed from the leadership of the programmers group?

This is unacceptable.
mrout

Re: What

Postby SunShiranui » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:16 am

I assumed you had quit yourself.

That is definitely not the way to handle this, didn't anyone even THINK about talking with him first?

Edit: I also see that I'm no longer a global moderator. Talk about transparency...
SunShiranui

Postby mrout » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:22 am

Talk about transparency. I said on the IRC I had resigned, then less than 5 minutes later (if I remember the times correctly) I made it quite clear indeed I hadn't.

It's completely unacceptable, no matter whether or not you're asking me to leave Shane, for me to log into the forums one day and see myself as the lead developer, then the next day to see an email not even listing me as lead developer and see myself stripped of all privileges on the forums.

In addition, some people think they've made some decisions about some things:

Hello, everyone. This is the first status update of many that will be going out every Monday from now on. Here's a quick run down of what's been happening recently.

The first set of milestones has been laid out in full within this Google document, it details our initial aims and goals for the very first build of the game. We already have people working towards this goal and it looks like we're on target for around the 15th of October.

ShaneDalton, our project leader, has returned from a little break which relieves DarkSpartan of temporary command. DarkSpartan holds the position of lead writer and has since taken over lead designer as well. JTxt has also taken on the role of lead artist too. So the current leaders are as follows.

Project leader: ShaneDalton
Lead designer and writer: DarkSpartan
Lead artist: JTxt
Lead web developer: Wolfy87 (me)
Lead sound: CaptainStarPaw
Lead programmers: adam4813 and Pseudonym

We also have a new home on freenode, so feel free to migrate over to #project-trillek when you're ready. If you don't know about it yet, you can view all previous IRC conversations over at logs.trillek.org.

That's about it for this week, please share this around and make sure everyone who's interested in Trillek gets to see it. Things are happening despite what some random redditors claim.

Thanks,

Wolfy87 / Oliver Caldwell.

Two words: they haven't. Why? Because until something has been decided by consensus on the forums, it doesn't exist. We've been operating under that assumption since virtually day one.
mrout

Postby SunShiranui » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:31 am

I had expressed my satisfaction with how the project was going lately, but it seems I have to take that back. The people who lead this have clearly shown that they don't have an ounce of the maturity needed to lead this project in a honest way.

First of all, even in the stupidest and smallest community projects, if for some reason you decide that someone needs to be relieved of their power\title, you talk with them. And then if you go through, you tell them why.

Removing someone from their position without even warning them is an example of extreme dishonesty.

This is a very corrupt way of handling this project. No wonder ChemicalRascal left.
SunShiranui

Postby mrout » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:34 am

I'm not going to immediately assume bad faith - it could be a technical error, a misconfiguration, someone hitting the wrong button, or crap communication ("You said you'd talk to him!"). Even so, at the moment this worries me. A lot. And in the end, it's either incredibly careless or downright corrupt.
mrout

Postby Krarl » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:41 am

I also thought that it was nice with some progress on the milestones. I thought that it had been discussed on irc. Not decided by silently kicking out leads and just writing something up. Shane and Wolfy have some explaining to do. Even if it is an error, it is as mrout said, unacceptable.
Krarl

Postby SunShiranui » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:45 am

Let's not kid ourselves, this is no error. There are already two new lead programmers on there.
SunShiranui

Postby mrout » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:49 am

I'll be the first to admit I haven't actually been in the IRC channel a huge amount lately, but it's not like I've been entirely inactive. I've responded to emails, I've posted on the forum, I've even posted in the /r/trillek subreddit (I think). The IRC channel is, after all, a chat channel for the project. It's great for preliminary discussions, but at the end of the day it's not where we make final decisions.

I also have a feeling this decision to remove Shiranui and I was made in a private chat, not in a public IRC channel. This makes it seem a lot more fishy, and it goes against policy. Relatively new policy, mind, but policy nonetheless.
mrout

Postby Krarl » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:59 am

Well their planning doc was made without any visible discussion so I'm sure they use a private channel.
How are we going to make a open source game if the leaders(a few of them...) won't have the discussion in public?
Krarl

Postby adam » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:08 am

The decision to remove you was completely on Shane. It was made freely and openly on IRC and not in some form of private chat or conspiracy.

The reason should be obvious, and if not I am sorry you can't see it. Your comments toward others lately have been rude, threatening, and almost bullying. When you were the lead programmer it seemed you made every effort you could to stall or derail the project. However but do as you called it "unofficial" design work we were able to accomplish more in 1 well then you had allowed in a month.

Don't even talk about consensus. On too many instances you stated this is not a democracy. I don't know how you get a consensus in your mind without s voting of the community or its leadership. I am not saying it has to be Democratic, but you said the community vote doesn't matter either way.

You may either contribute constructively to this open community project or not, but please keep it civil and don't harass or threaten others.

I do want you to know the choice to list me as a lead was never truly asked of me and not didi ask for it. It was simply given to me.
adam

Next

Return to Discussions