Bug reporting

A place where questions can be asked and answered. Please check here first. If someone else asks a question that you know is here please provide the link to the topic.

Moderators: KontrolKeal, Taneb

Bug reporting

Postby FreezyLemon » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:56 pm

So.. I'm not really into coding and all that stuff (I'm kinda young) but at least I want to track down some bugs to help a bit in this whole process.
So my question is: Should I really report everything I see that seems to be a bug? The forum for that seems to be full of only really important stuff that could actually affect the game development and the things I find seem out of place in that forum. Is it ok to post minor bugs in that forum, too? (For example: The clock ROM counts 08,09,0A,0B - 0F and then it goes to 10)
FreezyLemon

Re: Bug reporting

Postby Zardoz » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:02 pm

You mean the clock program or the test program ?
In any case, all numbers printed by both programs are actually in hexadecimal. I don't make yet a routine to print numbers in decimal. If someone like to do that, I will appreciate it.
Yep, I have a blog : http://zardoz.es
Emulator DCPU-16 VM
Zardoz

Postby FreezyLemon » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:45 pm

I mean the program that is loaded when I use clock.asm.bins (under the Motherboard entry) in the test.sc file
FreezyLemon

Postby Zardoz » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:29 pm

FreezyLemon wrote:I mean the program that is loaded when I use clock.asm.bins (under the Motherboard entry) in the test.sc file

It's normal, as I say it's printing numbers in hexadecimal 0x10 = 16 ... I should edit it and add a "0x" to be more clear.
Yep, I have a blog : http://zardoz.es
Emulator DCPU-16 VM
Zardoz

Postby wrongu » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:18 pm

To answer the original question.. The "Tasks, Bounties, and To Do" forum is probably the best place for bugs. Make them a bounty.
wrongu

Return to Q&A