A couple of questions!

A place where questions can be asked and answered. Please check here first. If someone else asks a question that you know is here please provide the link to the topic.

Moderators: KontrolKeal, Taneb

A couple of questions!

Postby reallycoolnerd » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:55 pm

So hey, I've been pursuing the forums, but despite all I've read and seen, I only have a very fractured idea as to what the progress on the game is.
So in general, what's been done, where are we going?

Also, I have yet to figure out the structure for everything, regarding leaders and the team design. If you could fill me in, that'd be great!

Thank's in advance for helping!
Simplicity of the design, not complexity of the solution.
reallycoolnerd

Re: A couple of questions!

Postby wrongu » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:14 am

1. Implementation progress: In the beginning, there were milestones set out by the administrators. Milestone 1 involved a simple ship with movement controls. The deadline was Oct. 15, but was reached a little late. The code is not yet official-trillek in that it was done in adam's custom engine Sigma, and the leads are still deciding whether or not to use Torque instead. Milestone 2's deadline would be November 15 (monthly), but the design team might have a whole new set of specs and deadlines soon (soon = within a week maybe/hopefully).

2. Leadership: ShaneDalton is the project lead. he is alpha. Each sub-group has leads, like programming (adam and pseudonym), design (darkspartan), sound (jtxt), and some others that (sorry!) I can't name off the top of my head.
Last edited by wrongu on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrongu

Postby reallycoolnerd » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:41 am

Cool, thanks!
That cleared a few things up.
I just got confused because most of what I have been reading has not shown much consensus on many aspects of the game, and I was wondering what has been set in stone.
reallycoolnerd

Postby radar37 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:12 pm

We are very early in Trillek's development so many of the discussions on the forum are a long way from being implemented. We are throwing around ideas early so we can get a consensus of what people want Trillek to be.
radar37

Postby DarkSpartan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:17 am

As the Design Lead, I'm working on the design doc based on what's been said thus far hereabouts and on the IRC, tempered by what we can actually do. Sound belongs to amplitudeproblem.
DarkSpartan
Lead Designer

Postby reallycoolnerd » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:37 am

Okay! I can't wait to see!
I'll lend at whatever I can! I have experience in a myriad of places!
reallycoolnerd

Postby DarkSpartan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:39 am

Also, Milestone 2's official deadline is being moved to 01DEC at earliest.
DarkSpartan
Lead Designer

Postby reallycoolnerd » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:47 am

Thanks! Where can I find additional information about this?
Oh, and I applied for the sound team, but does that prohibit me from helping elsewhere? I know that I can post on different forums, but I don't know how to go about helping in other ways.
Sorry for the plethora of questions, once I get a bit established I won't be so inquisitive. I just like to get a grasp on the situation ;)
reallycoolnerd

Postby danix111 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:18 pm

reallycoolnerd wrote:Oh, and I applied for the sound team, but does that prohibit me from helping elsewhere?

No.
danix111

Return to Q&A