As I mentioned on that other thread, I am getting this going with Java. Java makes it easy* to distribute as a .jar with an embedded server. Here's the plan:
- Maven to manage the project
- Grizzly as the web container
- Jersey for REST
- MongoDB for the database
- Jackson for handling JSON (comes with Jersey, turns out)
- Swagger for API documentation
I wrote up a 0th draft
of the RESTful API that I had in mind. Please give feedback! If we can decide on an API before the server code is done, people can start making editors right away.
* "easy" once you get your environment set up properly, which took way too long.