First attempt to design a css theme for /r/trillek

Anything to do with Trillek on the web. /r/trillek CSS tweaks for example.

Moderator: Wolfy87

Re: First attempt to design a css theme for /r/trillek

Postby master565 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:09 pm

I'll play around with it when I get home, but I still need more suggestions for the header. If someone can find a cool banner and I can figure out how to apply it that might work.
master565

Postby master565 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:36 am

All right, I made it work in night mode and I've lowered the corner radius to 10px. Also, I've tried the gray used in RES night mode as the header color in both modes. I'm making a post in the art forum asking for others opinions on the header color.
master565

Postby Tipaa » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:04 am

reddit supports multiple modes through the css lang() attribute. This works as using (say) nm.reddit.com/r/trillek for a dark or night mode theme, which them is implemented like element:lang(nm){} in the css.

Check out how /r/noparticipation does their css for per-sub-domain css. And remember to include links to both subdomains on the side bar as options.
Tipaa

Postby mrout » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:15 am

The inverted logo is fantastic.
mrout

Postby master565 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:19 pm

"reddit supports multiple modes through the css lang() attribute. This works as using (say) nm.reddit.com/r/trillek for a dark or night mode theme, which them is implemented like element:lang(nm){} in the css."

Oh, thats cool. But do we need this in addition to a RES night mode theme?

"The inverted logo is fantastic"

Alright, so I'll put it back to that version for now.
master565

Postby master565 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:09 pm

I set it back to the old version, and I've modified the header link table

I also fixed the comments section which was difficult to see.
master565

Postby master565 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:56 pm

After discussing it in the art forums, here is the latest version. I do have a problem though. The list that holds the header links has a border on the right each cell. The problem is, the last cell doesn't need one. My fix right now is to just specifically select that last cell using a[id^="viewImagesButton"], but that only works if you have RES installed. If you don't have RES installed, the last link is "Top". I tried selecting the last one using the last-child selector but when i do that, it selects every child. If we can't figure it out, we're going to need to put a right and left border on each one so It doesn't look out of place on the left side.

master565

Postby SunShiranui » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:55 pm

I should point out that the navbar images I had created were meant for the standard logo and not the inverted one.
Edit: It also doesn't fit well with the black background, so we should either revert to the darker navbar or put a nebula background.
SunShiranui

Postby master565 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:09 am

I should point out that the navbar images I had created were meant for the standard logo and not the inverted one.

Well, I think we need to change the color of the navbar image anyways. Can you make a new one only with shades of purple and blue instead? We can try a new navbar with this backround, and a new background with this navbar.
master565

Postby master565 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:59 am

I think the background I picked is a bit too strong, but here is an attempt at making the background match the current header.

master565

PreviousNext

Return to Web Development