Alas, a TR3200 "OS"!

All discussions related to the DCPU and in game hardware (equipment, vehicles)

Alas, a TR3200 "OS"!

Postby ubernox » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:51 am

You knew this day would come.
I've been coding this off-and-on for awhile. It's a version of NRS for the TR3200. As far as I know it's up-to-date with the latest RC3200 assembly and the various specs, but i would be happy if someone could point out errors to me. I haven't as of yet been able to get it to assemble with waveasm, and I have yet to make a program with which to test all the functionality. Feedback appreciated. Please note that the 'documentation' provided is not anywhere near up-to-date.
github repo
...fatty.
ubernox

Re: Alas, a TR3200 "OS"!

Postby Zardoz » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:35 pm

I'm taking a looks to see why WaveAsm does not compiles it ... At least I see that you uses "MOD" instruction (that not exists in TR3200), when DIV put the rest of division (aka MODulus) in %y register.
Other are indent issues (WaveAsm is sensible to this).
I will send you a PR when I see that compiles.
Yep, I have a blog : http://zardoz.es
Emulator DCPU-16 VM
Zardoz

Postby ubernox » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:56 pm

Zardoz wrote:I'm taking a looks to see why WaveAsm does not compiles it ... At least I see that you uses "MOD" instruction (that not exists in TR3200), when DIV put the rest of division (aka MODulus) in %y register.
Other are indent issues (WaveAsm is sensible to this).
I will send you a PR when I see that compiles.

Thanks, I'll get right on fixing those.
...fatty.
ubernox

Postby Zardoz » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:27 pm

I'm seeing falies like using IFLEQ instead of IFLE, and stuff like IFLE 3, %r1, when the all this kind of instructions are xxxx Register, Immediate or xxxx Register, Register. Other erorrs come of doing STORE 0, 0xFFFFFFFF when STORE instructions are in the style of :

Code: Select all

Addrees to write ,  What to Write
STORE Reg + Immediate, Reg
STORE Reg + Reg, Reg
STORE Immediate, Reg
STORE Reg, Reg

Take a look to the cheatsheet that made Acruid : http://trillek-team.github.io/trillek-c ... sheet.html
Yep, I have a blog : http://zardoz.es
Emulator DCPU-16 VM
Zardoz

Postby ubernox » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:19 am

Alright, I spent a long time fixing various mistakes. It now does in fact assemble. There are a few problems with endianness, but I can get around to fixing those later.
To-do: make a test program and maybe work on better memory allocation efficiency.
...fatty.
ubernox

Postby aron123 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:06 am

Thanks for share...
Get mybraindumps.net demos for test king and VMWARE with 100% success guaranteed. Our high quality University of California, San Diego itil prepares you well before appearing in the final exams of Biola University gmat.
aron123

Postby ubernox » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:34 pm

aron123 wrote:Thanks for share...

yep.
I've had some issues with the VM so I took a break from dev, but since I started getting a ton of github updates in my email recently about the TR3200 I think I might try once more to test it out.
Wish me luck!
...fatty.
ubernox

Return to Hardware