The TCN and TCSMIN

All discussions related to the DCPU and in game hardware (equipment, vehicles)

The TCN and TCSMIN

Postby TheEpicBlob » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:27 am

Hello one and all!

Back in the day (when it was 0x10C), TEB &CO, along with myself came up with an idea for a network, or network backbone. This was named TCN and was to be open to all and maintained free of charge by TEB &CO.

The TCN (TEB &CO Network) was the hardware side of things with the TCSMIN (TEB &CO Short Messaging and Information Network) being the backbone software and protocols.
The TCN was based of off nodes, which were to relay the information from one node to another and were arraigned in clusters of 4, two on the bottom, and two above. This would provide 2 nodes each for inbound and outbound connections and would also provide some form of redundancy.

I can find this is a little confusing to explain and was some time ago when it was thought up, so I've attached the original docs below.

Take Aircraft A - It wants to talk to Aircraft B... But A is 100 nodes away... so... It says "Okay, send a message to Aircraft B" The network would take the message and look up the location of Aircraft B, It'd then sends the message to the required node, and Aircraft B now has some mail - This it, simply...

As you can see, A sends to the central database, which then looks up the location of B and sends it on until its received.

Now thats the basic concept of the TCN, the TCSMIN has been written up but will need some editing and I'll do so if this receives any interest.
If you feel like you'd like to work on this project, please contact me via PM and I'll let you know where you can help.
Regards,
-Ben
The Future Owner and Director of TEB &CO
Creating Solutions to your Problems
TheEpicBlob

Re: The TCN and TCSMIN

Postby DaveSparhawk » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:08 pm

Based on were this is posted, I gather it is for in game communication? That is compared to the network of the game itself.
DaveSparhawk

Re: The TCN and TCSMIN

Postby TheEpicBlob » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:12 pm

DaveSparhawk wrote:Based on were this is posted, I gather it is for in game communication? That is compared to the network of the game itself.

Sorry, not 100% sure on what you mean.

This is hardware in that the TCN relies on physical in-game devices to pass the signal on (nodes) with this post also touching on the actual protocol sides of things(software).

This is NOT a post about what the game will use in the real-world to work ;) .
Regards,
-Ben
The Future Owner and Director of TEB &CO
Creating Solutions to your Problems
TheEpicBlob

Return to Hardware