more abstract hardware

All discussions related to the DCPU and in game hardware (equipment, vehicles)

Re: more abstract hardware

Postby VladVP » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:22 pm

Ravener96 wrote:
Zardoz wrote:Hold on!. If I understand you correctly... You are talking of using something like LUA OS, but with C instead of LUA ?

dunno, i am not that good a programmer, i have used some c, lots of html and java (disgrace). but maybe... i think?
the idea is just that you can run things in c directly as c without going thrugh a compiler that makes it into less eficient code while you also can run machine code like always.
you could tell the machine to use c by using a special header or something (god, html words). all the other things in my OP is things that we can assume the devices handle themselves, like filenames and such, not as certain on those though.

No.
No, no, no.
NO

Disgrace indeed. You appear to possess absolutely no level of understanding of what is going on inside a computer.
Creating a computer with C as machine code, would be like attempting to make an easy-bake oven cook a Christmas meal for you. It's simply not realistic; you have to keep in mind that we are supposed to work with mere logic gates and hardware components here. The amount of complexity associated with parsing C code in real-time is absolutely out of this world. Not to speak of the networking lag it would generate in-game.
VladVP
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: more abstract hardware

Postby Ravener96 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Zardoz wrote:You should know that a interpreter of C that you can find or anybody can create will be less efficient that compiled code.

I guess i stand corrected... Or am i? I dont even know anymore...
Ravener96
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:18 am

Re: more abstract hardware

Postby Ravener96 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:08 pm

VladVP wrote:
Ravener96 wrote:
Zardoz wrote:Hold on!. If I understand you correctly... You are talking of using something like LUA OS, but with C instead of LUA ?

dunno, i am not that good a programmer, i have used some c, lots of html and java (disgrace). but maybe... i think?
the idea is just that you can run things in c directly as c without going thrugh a compiler that makes it into less eficient code while you also can run machine code like always.
you could tell the machine to use c by using a special header or something (god, html words). all the other things in my OP is things that we can assume the devices handle themselves, like filenames and such, not as certain on those though.

No.
No, no, no.
NO

Disgrace indeed. You appear to possess absolutely no level of understanding of what is going on inside a computer.
Creating a computer with C as machine code, would be like attempting to make an easy-bake oven cook a Christmas meal for you. It's simply not realistic; you have to keep in mind that we are supposed to work with mere logic gates and hardware components here. The amount of complexity associated with parsing C code in real-time is absolutely out of this world. Not to speak of the networking lag it would generate in-game.

Sorry for that, i just thught there was a slight difference between what we see and what is going on... If we could run things in c and pretend the computer did it there would potentially be an increase in preformance. How wrong i could be...
Some of my ignorance could be excused by me being a student and am in the process of learning this stuff. Sorry if i offended your inteligence with my drool.
Ps, if i seem a little snarky, it is late here, i am actually sorry to have wasted your time.
Ravener96
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:18 am

Re: more abstract hardware

Postby S0lll0s » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:28 am

VladVP wrote:
Ravener96 wrote:
Zardoz wrote:Hold on!. If I understand you correctly... You are talking of using something like LUA OS, but with C instead of LUA ?

dunno, i am not that good a programmer, i have used some c, lots of html and java (disgrace). but maybe... i think?
the idea is just that you can run things in c directly as c without going thrugh a compiler that makes it into less eficient code while you also can run machine code like always.
you could tell the machine to use c by using a special header or something (god, html words). all the other things in my OP is things that we can assume the devices handle themselves, like filenames and such, not as certain on those though.

No.
No, no, no.
NO

Disgrace indeed. You appear to possess absolutely no level of understanding of what is going on inside a computer.
Creating a computer with C as machine code, would be like attempting to make an easy-bake oven cook a Christmas meal for you. It's simply not realistic; you have to keep in mind that we are supposed to work with mere logic gates and hardware components here. The amount of complexity associated with parsing C code in real-time is absolutely out of this world. Not to speak of the networking lag it would generate in-game.

Dude, your point is right and we all know that, but you don't need to be that rude. Give him a chance to understand and say sorry in dignity.
S0lll0s
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:13 pm

Re: more abstract hardware

Postby VladVP » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:36 pm

Well, sorry but I'm just so tired of witnessing this masturbation.
I guess that it is okay to ask, but it just annoys me when people start to meddle with topics that they obviously have not worked with before.

Do not misunderstand me, now. You seem to be pretty fluent in HTML and web development — especially compared to some people here. Perhaps you could contribute in the Web Development board? viewforum.php?f=17
Either way I could advise you to read a bit up on these things. It is mighty interesting indeed, and I think that it is going to serve you well, assuming that you are aiming at a datalogical career, considering that fact that you, like me, are a student. :lol:
VladVP
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: more abstract hardware

Postby Zardoz » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:15 pm

If there is a real constant in computers science, is that always there is something new to learn.
Yep, I have a blog : http://zardoz.es
Emulator DCPU-16 VM
User avatar
Zardoz
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:54 pm
Location: Spain

Re: more abstract hardware

Postby croxis » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Web stuff will also work with our in game UI, which is awesomium (or some other kit like berkillum or chromium embedded)
croxis
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:37 am

Re: more abstract hardware

Postby Ravener96 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:26 am

there is litterally nothing i can do that someone else couldent. it would be bug ridden and even worse; ugly.
Last edited by Ravener96 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ravener96
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:18 am

Re: more abstract hardware

Postby Ravener96 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:35 am

ill just sit in a corner and write some basus...
Ravener96
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:18 am

Re: more abstract hardware

Postby Krarl » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Don't think like that.
All the things that I can do someone else here can do just as well or better. But that doesn't mean that there's no point in me helping.
If you don't feel ready for contributing, then you shouldn't. What I'm trying to say is that (almost) all help is appreciated, even if its small, or not very good :)
Krarl
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:39 pm
Location: Sweden

PreviousNext

Return to Hardware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests