Trillek Computer Architecture

All discussions related to the DCPU and in game hardware (equipment, vehicles)

Re: Trillek Computer Architecture

Postby Meisaka » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:20 am

Zardoz wrote:I made some progress building a VM, but could be very helpful if some try to make a RC3200 assembler

I am also working on an assembler that will support multiple CPU types (RC3200, RC1600, DCPU, 6502, etc.). It's not functional yet, but I have instruction set for the RC3200 mapped out and want to have the basics working in a day or two.
Meisaka

Postby Zardoz » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:01 pm

I really appreciate the effort of doing a assembler.

One thing, I did today some changes in the RC3200. I renamed the branch instructions to something more clear, and add a explicit explain of what does, as previously could be a bit confuse. Plus I swapped SLEEP and NOP op codes, so if the CPU find empty memory, it auto-sleeps, that it's better.
Yep, I have a blog : http://zardoz.es
Emulator DCPU-16 VM
Zardoz

Postby chaoscode » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:56 am

Hmm, what about simulating the CPU?
I suggest 2 ways.
A standard CPU Simulator and a Interface for JIT Simulation.
Do we already have a Interface for the CPU Simulator?
chaoscode

Postby Zardoz » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:52 am

I'm actually working in a Standard Computer Simulator (CPU interpreter way). I need to re-factor it a bit to allow replace the CPU interpreter core by a JIT CPU. (Simply adding a class from were the interpreter and JIT CPUs emulators derives, and exposes the CPU API).
As I said before I did some tests and I run around 1000 computer in a single thread at 100 KHz in my machine. This number will be probably less as I add more devices to it.
Actually the CPU interpreter is working (checked around 75% of the CPU instructions/functionality) and I have a working screen and hardware enumeration.
Yep, I have a blog : http://zardoz.es
Emulator DCPU-16 VM
Zardoz

Postby ubernox » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:57 am

I'm assuming this is the standard, yes? And can I assume some degree of backward-compatability?
...fatty.
ubernox

Previous

Return to Hardware