General Stealth and Sneakery

Post here all of your ideas, concept and suggestions which aren't strictly related to the game's development and implementation!

General Stealth and Sneakery

Postby Chance » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:07 am

I have not been able to find a thread for this so I decided to begin this myself I think that in game there should be some way, or ways, to hide ones ship from another ships sensors. I believe that there should be multiple ways to do this, such as.

- Hiding behind something such as a planet, moon, asteroid, or another ship.
anything that can see through a planet will pass right by your average ship. unless of course you are using some satellite or probe to tell you whats on that other side.

- Turning off the ship.
If the ship is off it won't be giving off any radiation or exhaust then at best sensors will see a piece of space junk (instead of a ship if it is small) and, only the naked eye will be able to see it.

- Cloaking Device
I know, its a bit conventional, but in a thread about sneaking around, I had to include it.

- Hiding close to something that gives off a lot of interference. (maybe like your average sun)
It's hard see a candle flame if there is a bonfire behind it.

I really think Trillek should include stealth. I think it would add a little more depth to the game.(therefor making it a bit more fun)
(Anyway, how else is the average pirate going to avoid those bounty hunters.)
Chess is a sport. A violent sport. - Marcel Duchamp.
Chance

Re: General Stealth and Sneakery

Postby Nadrieril » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:20 am

Definitely a good idea.
I suppose this also implies adequate sensors that have better resolution/better range/that can see through cloacks/...
That could get really fun with the DCPU. I imagine programming a ship to automatically hide when detecting another ship. Of course you would need better sensors or you would be detected before being able to hide.
Your description made me think of the scene in Firefly when they hide from Reavers. I sure want that in Trillek ^^

I was thinking maybe also a device that lets you "look" like a bigger ship... Or disguise multiple ships as one big ship
Nadrieril

Postby Robo4900 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:05 pm

Perhaps a holographic projector that projects a larger ship look outside yours?
Or an augmentation that allows the outside casing of your ship to "Stretch out" and make the ship look huge? It would probably require a negative to defense and visibility while like this, but it would be an interesting feature.
"When crisis strikes, the universe turns to one superhero. One of great strength and moral character, quick wit and inventiveness, incredible speed and flexibility, but most importantly, floppy ears and a big gun!"
Robo4900

Postby Tamer » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:06 am

I think that stealth tools should simply take alot of energy, forcing you to take that energy from some other systems, such as shields and weapons.
Tamer

Return to Ideas, Concept & Suggestions