Ingame wiki

Post here all of your ideas, concept and suggestions which aren't strictly related to the game's development and implementation!

Ingame wiki

Postby Tamer » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:12 pm

so this game is going to have a lot of very compicated components. you would think that some of those wopuld come with instructions, right? so maybe we can make it so you can open an instruction manual for a component in-game, and it loads a wiki page from a pre-determined site. Thoughts?
Tamer

Re: Ingame wiki

Postby Olenji » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:43 pm

That'd be a good idea, but we wouldn't want to give them all the information now do we?

I was thinking of having a progressive encyclopedia that added information about something as you discovered it. You can also get encyclopedias from killing other players, but only fragments. Or you can buy encyclopedia entries in a marketplace or from other players.

Only my half-baked ideas.
These are my half-baked ideas.
Olenji

Postby croxis » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:13 pm

While that would work in single player it wont work for mp. Someone will just make a trillek.wikia.com and players will look up all the info there. Because the game is open source all the info will be in plain view anyways.
croxis

Postby Olenji » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:01 pm

Mmm... I guess that's true. Maybe it could be blueprints that are custom made and the object can only be made if the player has the blueprint.
These are my half-baked ideas.
Olenji

Postby evanator66 » Thu May 29, 2014 1:00 am

The ingame wiki thing could link up with some code on the wiki and some articles could be blocked.
I am from the future... of the past.
evanator66

Postby camilajerry » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:38 am

I agree with you all the way on depth, there should be an open and wide range of options to complete a certain task at hand for a player to get to choose from.
camilajerry

Return to Ideas, Concept & Suggestions