so... mining?

Post here all of your ideas, concept and suggestions which aren't strictly related to the game's development and implementation!

so... mining?

Postby Vanshark » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:16 am

so there's lot's of talk about getting raw materials to make your ships and weapons and stuff. I want to know how you get all this stuff. I really like the idea of mining valuable ores from asteroids, but it also sounds like it would be utterly ridiculous. why would you mine this barren, worthless asteroid when you have this planet full of valuable minerals to dig up?

anyway, would you mine with drills, lasers, shovels, pickaxes or sticks? where do you mine it? what do you mine?
Vanshark

Re: so... mining?

Postby ConnorY71 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:19 pm

Vanshark wrote:I really like the idea of mining valuable ores from asteroids, but it also sounds like it would be utterly ridiculous. why would you mine this barren, worthless asteroid when you have this planet full of valuable minerals to dig up?

A lot of the time asteroids contain large amounts of materials that are hard to come by on earth. There was talk of mining the moon for helium-3, which is rarer on Earth, for example. Also when you think about it, less fuel is spent carrying a large amount of ore into space from the surface of an asteroid versus carrying all that weight up from the larger gravity of a planet.
ConnorY71

Return to Ideas, Concept & Suggestions