Just some concepts and ideas

Post here all of your ideas, concept and suggestions which aren't strictly related to the game's development and implementation!

Just some concepts and ideas

Postby TheEpicBlob » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:26 am

Hey everyone!

Back in 0x10c TEB &CO was looking to lead the way with communication and the technical fields surrounding banking and commerce.
I'd like to know what form of control the player would have regarding those, as I'd love to suggest some ideas!
For example:
  • The possibility to communicate outside the game
  • The possibility to install player made communication networks
  • Players ability to handle commerce and player managed economy
Just things like that, this may have already been discussed and rejected, or not - I don't know!

Does anyone have any thoughts on the above, and if so I've got plenty of old concepts I would love to see implemented into TRILLEK!
Regards,
-Ben
The Future Owner and Director of TEB &CO
Creating Solutions to your Problems
TheEpicBlob

Re: Just some concepts and ideas

Postby sanchezman » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:56 am

Yeah, I'd been thinking about interplanetary comms as well. I mocked up a little comsat in Blender:

Space Render.png
Space Render.png (45.51 KiB) Viewed 3466 times

I think it would be interesting if players could build their own comsats with computers inside to reroute and amplify signals. Maybe there could be some static, game-controlled ones for general comms, but I think specialized ones made by players could be put to very interesting uses.
Why are they called urinal cakes if you're not supposed to eat them?
sanchezman

Postby TheEpicBlob » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:13 am

Loving it Sanchezman!
We had a few concepts of hardware drawn up for, as we called them "Nodes" (more on that later!).
Our basic idea was to provide a free service to users including real-time chat and messaging, communications and navigation (which including mapping), on-line commerce and banking and many other solutions! It was extremely ambitious but providing a full infrastructure to the community was our goal!
Regards,
-Ben
TheEpicBlob

Postby evanator66 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:21 pm

I think there was an idea to have user made electronics, so I guess that players could set something up, like a DCPU powered private chat system. I also guess that there will be a user commerce system.
I am from the future... of the past.
evanator66

Postby TheEpicBlob » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:50 am

Well, I'd love that, and all the ideas that we had could defiantly port over to Trillek. I'd just need some more support from the users to start to really talk about it on the large!
Regards,
-Ben
TheEpicBlob

Postby The Rock » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:55 pm

The Rock says this; if The Rock can broadcast himself laying the smacketh down on candy-ass jabronies every Monday night, it has The Rock's approval.
The Rock

Postby Chance » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:07 am

why stop at com-sat, why shouldn't the player be able to use those as relay stations, and sensor nodes players could set up a sensor network and extend their sensor range with it (the sensor node broad casts what it see's to a ship). one could set up the relay stations so that they could be used to control drones, defensive turrets the possibilities end where the player stops.
Chess is a sport. A violent sport. - Marcel Duchamp.
Chance

Postby TheEpicBlob » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:18 pm

The Node system is intended for Information and Communications only. We're not looking to have nodes provide readouts on environmental or to host sensors and instrumentation on them. The TCSMIN and TCN is not intended to be used for aggressive purposes, so drones, turrets and guidance systems are unfortunately not going to be considered.

The system can, however, be used in conjunction with 3rd party devices, such as sensor clusters provided by other players that can be used. However we will still stand by our rules of not allowing the system to be used for aggressive purposes.
Regards,
-Ben
TheEpicBlob

Postby BonQ » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:02 am

TheEpicBlob wrote: However we will still stand by our rules of not allowing the system to be used for aggressive purposes.

So there will be no PVP? Or what will happen where player want to kill some space mob? :D It's fun to kill things, and also player can die from that, so game will be challenging, and a big fun of creating weapon software as turret aim bots and others :D
BonQ

Postby TheEpicBlob » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:22 am

Please understand I'm not the developer for Trillek, mealy TCSMIN and TCN is my Brain child. The TCN and TCSMIN is an in-game, player creation, much like a house in Minecraft, or a corporation in Eve.

TEB &CO are not interested in being involved in PvP and Aggressive actions against groups and as such will not be involve in wars and groups with aggressive tendency's.
What this means to the players is that the TCSMIN and TCN will not be found to be supporting groups that are looking to use it for aggressive purposes.

Players can use it for PvP purposes, however warring groups will be restricted from using the TCSMIN. I couldn't at this moment in time say how, but we will look into having it as peaceful as possible.
Regards,
-Ben
TheEpicBlob

Return to Ideas, Concept & Suggestions