Weapons (Ship and Player)

Post here all of your ideas, concept and suggestions which aren't strictly related to the game's development and implementation!

Re: Weapons (Ship and Player)

Postby sleuthyRogue » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:42 pm

Well, that was quite the article. Definitely puts some aspects of space combat into perspective.

That little tidbit about bigger ships not being as slow as they look made me chuckle. Acceleration is what contributes to that stigma, I think.

Overall, I like the idea of utilizing gyroscopes as much as we can. Most personal ships I imagine will be quite small, so generating enough power to maneuver them quickly and accurately with gyroscopes should be a trifle.
"The best solution to a problem is usually the easiest one." - GLaDOS
sleuthyRogue

Postby Olenji » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:34 pm

Fusion reactors? What about them? If we implement plasma weapons, then fusion reactors would be quite important, both for weapon energy but also for ship energy.
These are my half-baked ideas.
Olenji

Postby evanator66 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:03 am

What about building your own crazy stuff that isn't listed in the previous posts. Using the possible microchip system, it would be possible to make crazy weapons that do awesome things!.
I am from the future... of the past.
evanator66

Postby FrostySpaceFox » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:14 pm

I have a interesting proposal on shields. What shields might be is electro magnetic fields that push away metallic projectiles into a different direction. Or at lest encourage a blanking dent.

On the weapon side of things. I would suggest a metal or (more expensively) composite slug fired by a rail guns, or "cannon" type guns with highly explosive breaching charges. Or even a hybrid.

On ships I would not want to be on a combat ship with windows. And have it only have red lights (like black and white developing room lights) no gravity and individual light support.

-spacefrosty
FrostySpaceFox

Previous

Return to Ideas, Concept & Suggestions