Welcome to the Ideas, Concept & Suggestions board!

Post here all of your ideas, concept and suggestions which aren't strictly related to the game's development and implementation!

Welcome to the Ideas, Concept & Suggestions board!

Postby SunShiranui » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:53 pm

Welcome!
This board is the place you should post on to discuss your favourite features, ideas and suggestions. Everything goes!

What's the difference between this board and the design board?
The design board is strictly for development-related topics. This means that you should not post there general ideas, feature requests, or suggestions.
That board will instead house the design team's documents and discussions, which will go hand-in-hand with actual code development.
SunShiranui

Re: Welcome to the Ideas, Concept & Suggestions board!

Postby Leomentheus » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:50 pm

Honestly, I'd rather you forgo the entire coding aspect and focus on space/planetary exploration and combat. Coding just doesn't seem like a fun game feature.
Leomentheus

Postby Eximius » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:19 pm

Leomentheus wrote:Honestly, I'd rather you forgo the entire coding aspect and focus on space/planetary exploration and combat. Coding just doesn't seem like a fun game feature.

No. The DCPU is a very core feature of the game and one of it's main attractions. If you're only looking for space combat, there are other games that focus exclusively on that.

If you don't want to code, you don't have to. You may use code that others have written. In fact, most will. However, please be more aware of your suggestions. What you have suggested would be like taking the crafting table out of minecraft.
Eximius

Postby EmptyKing » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:33 pm

Yes I agree with you Eximius, that is a main attraction of the game. Sure exploring space will be fun but the coding/etc I think will give a different and unique feel to the game. What I would like to see in this game with ship expansion, is not so much predetermined upgrades, but being able to put what every you buy at a shop that you think will help your ship or use it how you want. Also what I would like to see in this game is similar things to minecraft like exploration/building, but I definitely think it needs to develop its own way of going about this.
EmptyKing

Postby SunShiranui » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:43 pm

This topic is meant as an introduction for the board, and not for discussion. I'm locking it at the moment; if you want to continue discussing this please open a new one.
SunShiranui

Return to Ideas, Concept & Suggestions