MILESTONE 2.5 RELEASED

Re: MILESTONE 2.5 RELEASED

Postby ShaneDalton » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:36 am

What stuff? it's all in there however main parts of the UI are being rewritten, so the audio controls cannot be put in without a UI. Apart from that we promised bug fixes and the cpu which are in this build.
Project Lead
ShaneDalton
Project Lead

Postby logullo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:53 pm

But what about the flashlight going throught the walls and it only being usable inside the ship?
logullo

Postby Zardoz » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:12 pm

- Flash light and walls -> Actually is the player who collides. Only need a adjust of the player controller and/or where is the flashlight to avoid that.
- Outside and lighting -> It's working outside, but I think that the deferred lighting is only working on a side of all meshes.
Yep, I have a blog : http://zardoz.es
Emulator DCPU-16 VM
Zardoz

Postby numidark » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:14 pm

Zardoz wrote:I did a tgz of my build on a kUbuntu 13.10 64 bits. I can't listen the footsteps or the keyboard (looks that is a codec problem), but should work fine if you fulfill the requisites that are in the readme file .

Ubuntu 13.10 x64 build + assets : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/271 ... _ms2_5.tgz

Hello Zardoz, i have download you're release but i have a error :/

numidark : ./Trillek_MS2_5

./Trillek_MS2_5: error while loading shared libraries: libSigma.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

libSigma.so is already present in /bin

Thank you in advance
numidark

Postby logullo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Zardoz wrote:- Flash light and walls -> Actually is the player who collides. Only need a adjust of the player controller and/or where is the flashlight to avoid that.
- Outside and lighting -> It's working outside, but I think that the deferred lighting is only working on a side of all meshes.

Is the colorful light FX trought the walls meant to be that way?
logullo

Postby Zardoz » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:07 pm

logullo wrote:
Zardoz wrote:- Flash light and walls -> Actually is the player who collides. Only need a adjust of the player controller and/or where is the flashlight to avoid that.

As actually there is not shadows of any class, it is normal.

numidark wrote:Hello Zardoz, i have download you're release but i have a error :/

./Trillek_MS2_5: error while loading shared libraries: libSigma.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thank you in advance

Ok .... I'm afraid that I not have idea why does that..... In what GNU/Linux are you trying to run it ? You could try to copy the .so files to your /usr/lib64/ but I think that is not a good idea.
Yep, I have a blog : http://zardoz.es
Emulator DCPU-16 VM
Zardoz

Postby misternumberone » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:16 am

Zardoz wrote:
logullo wrote:

As actually there is not shadows of any class, it is normal.

numidark wrote:Hello Zardoz, i have download you're release but i have a error :/

Thank you in advance

Ok .... I'm afraid that I not have idea why does that..... In what GNU/Linux are you trying to run it ? You could try to copy the .so files to your /usr/lib64/ but I think that is not a good idea.

I have this problem also, on Ubuntu 13.10 AMD64. I put the four .so files in bin into /usr/lib and it still does not work but says this instead:

/bin# ./Trillek_MS2_5

./Trillek_MS2_5: error while loading shared libraries: libglfw.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have installed glfw 3 dependency completely, for I tried to compile it myself earlier but it did not work then; "cmake ." in directory finished with "placed build files in (.)" but it did not make an executable or some of the other files in your compile. I suspect this might be because I did not correctly build and install glfw for Trillek, but I'm not sure, and if that's the case I don't know how I could fix that.

EDIT: I solved it thanks to ident Meisaka on #project-trillek by using "cmake -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON -DGLFW_BUILD_DOCS=OFF -DGLFW_BUILD_TESTS=OFF . && make && sudo make install" in directory of glfw 3 source to compile and install. Now, however, I get "[ERROR] Failed creating the window or context." after sigma starts to load. I will look into this now..

EDIT 2: Based on this thread:http://forum.trillek.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=746&p=6123&hilit=window+or+context#p6123, I can guess this might be a graphics driver problem. I have both an i915 driver and the nouveau driver for graphics, and I must admit I don't know how to tell which one I am using at a given time except that I know I do not have bumblebee or the proprietary nvidia driver because both do not work properly for me and crash my x. However, of course I want to be using nouveau device for Trillek, and the line just before the error "pci id for fd 4: 8086:0116, driver i965" seems to indicate otherwise. I've had enough garbage with my graphics hardware not working properly on linux due to poor support all around, I might just remove the i965 driver so that nouveau device is forced..
misternumberone

Postby logullo » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:19 pm

Why is this a topic and not an annoucement?
logullo

Postby VladVP » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:15 pm

logullo wrote:Why is this a topic and not an annoucement?

Probably because it is pretty minor.
VladVP

Postby logullo » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:23 am

What is expected to be on Milestone 3? What are you guys have been working lately?
logullo

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements