MILESTONE 2 RELEASED

MILESTONE 2 RELEASED

Postby ShaneDalton » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:47 am

Jeez... has it been that long already?
Jokes aside, after a long wait Milestone 2 has finally been released! The team has been working tirelessly to get this out, while some things sadly had to be cut as we just really wanted to get this out!
Once again, this is NOT an actual gameplay release if you are looking for hours of gameplay then this is NOT for you!! This is simply an engine tech demo to show progress of Trillek.

WHAT'S IN THIS RELEASE
ADVANCED GRAPHICS - Sigma has seen a huge improvement in the graphical area with fancy lighting and shaders!
MILESTONE 1 BUG FIXES- Multiple issues with Milestone 1 have been fixed in this release, (such as the exterior hanger being black.)
AUDIO - This is a big one, music now plays in the background. Sound effects are going to be added later on, (possible milestone 2.5)

WHAT'S NOT IN THIS RELEASE

The TR3200 CPU - Sadly, we were unable to include this on our computer in this release. We are planning a milestone 2.5 with this feature included. (mid-late january)
UI - Oliver has been working hard on our new ui, however we decided to cut it for this release due to ui bugs and also not having a major purpose. It will be introduced in ms2.5
AUDIO CONTROLS - Sorry about this one, we should have it in with ms2.5.

REQUIRES Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable x86

DOWNLOAD: https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com ... ek_ms2.zip (Sorry, windows only)

SOURCE CODE DOWNLOAD: github.com/adam4813/Sigma (useful for building linux & mac builds)

ASSETS DOWNLOAD: https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com ... assets.zip (For the Mac & Linux Source Builds)
Project Lead
ShaneDalton
Project Lead

Re: MILESTONE 2 RELEASED

Postby logullo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:44 am

FINALLY! I cant believe than i have been home all weekend and now than i am using my Notebook it doesnt let me download this :c. It says than i need "MSVCR110.dll". The same thing happend with Milestone 1, but when i downloaded it on my PC everything was fine. And by the way, the UI is going to be a true Alpha game interface? And will it look like the one on 0x10c?
Also, i saw a gun model on YouTube and it said "Milestone 2". Is that in this version of the game or is it going to be on Milestone 2.5? Maybe that is a little too far advanced for this develop stage and i shouldnt be asking that right now.
As soon as i arrive home im going to download this, Congrats too everyone working on The Trillek Team!
logullo

Postby ShaneDalton » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:47 am

Thanks man!
As for the final UI, we're not sure. The ms2.5 one will just be a simple placeholder one. Not sure about the dll error perhaps it's because you don't have C++ Redist?
Project Lead
ShaneDalton
Project Lead

Postby danix111 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:56 am

You need Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable x86.
danix111

Postby VladVP » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:10 am

logullo wrote:FINALLY! I cant believe than i have been home all weekend and now than i am using my Notebook it doesnt let me download this :c. It says than i need "MSVCR110.dll". The same thing happend with Milestone 1, but when i downloaded it on my PC everything was fine. And by the way, the UI is going to be a true Alpha game interface? And will it look like the one on 0x10c?
Also, i saw a gun model on YouTube and it said "Milestone 2". Is that in this version of the game or is it going to be on Milestone 2.5? Maybe that is a little too far advanced for this develop stage and i shouldnt be asking that right now.
As soon as i arrive home im going to download this, Congrats too everyone working on The Trillek Team!

ShaneDalton wrote:REQUIRES Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable x86

Am I the only one in this thread who especially noticed that sentence?
VladVP

Postby ShaneDalton » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:17 am

Not their fault, that was a sneaky edit by me after this was pointed out.
Project Lead
ShaneDalton
Project Lead

Postby ColErr » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:19 pm

TR3200? Can't find anything on it.

Nevermind, I see the name changed
ColErr

Postby logullo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:56 pm

This is weird, when i open "Sigma" it crashes instantly and says "Sigma.exe stoped working" and when i open SigmaXP i can hear the background music, but i cant see anything, just a black screen. And by the way, i have Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable x86, is not like that is missing.
logullo

Postby Zardoz » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:43 pm

ColErr wrote:TR3200? Can't find anything on it.

Nevermind, I see the name changed

I just update the name today.
Yep, I have a blog : http://zardoz.es
Emulator DCPU-16 VM
Zardoz

Postby radar37 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:59 pm

logullo wrote:This is weird, when i open "Sigma" it crashes instantly and says "Sigma.exe stoped working" and when i open SigmaXP i can hear the background music, but i cant see anything, just a black screen. And by the way, i have Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable x86, is not like that is missing.

Same problem here except SigmaXP crashes as well (I'm on win7 so I'm not surprised). I will try it on my desktop computer when I get home.

update:
Seems to work fine on my desktop. My laptop has opengl 4.0 as well as VS 2012 C++ Redist (x86 and x64) and it runs MS1 so not sure why it isn't working. I'm not that concerned, as long as it runs on one of my computers I'm happy. Anyways, MS2 looks really good, well done!
Last edited by radar37 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radar37

Next

Return to Announcements