So, what's happening?

So, what's happening?

Postby ShaneDalton » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:52 pm

Hey all! Project Lead here! This is just to chime in that Trillek is not dead, school holidays have come for me and as such I have a lot of free time. Time I am willing to spend on Trillek, there is a new status update being written so I won't go into detail here about what's happening. But, at the moment ms2 is looking towards a Christmas release, we're sorry for the delay but the new year looks promising for us!

Trillek is shaping up to be an amazing game, and I am quite proud of our entire team and what they have accomplished. Their talent and dedication amazes me and every day I am amazed and astounded to be working with such amazing people. I have of course noticed recent comments stating that Trillek is dead/cancelled, I am making an official statement that Trillek's heart is still beating, and boy is it starting to beat! I will do all I can to see this project through to the very end, and I thank you all for supporting us throughout Trillek's development.

Cheers,

Shane Dalton - Project Lead
Project Lead
ShaneDalton
Project Lead

Re: So, what's happening?

Postby wrongu » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:28 am

Many more of us will find new free time this month as well!

"So we need to wait until a holiday for any progress in the future?"

The way I see it, there is a critical-mass of engine code that needs to be laid down, after which we'll see more and more people contributing. To everyone who says they want to help but don't know how, I expect further development on Sigma and the game assets will soon spark new ideas. Each new idea is a new feature to implement, which requires all sorts of new tasks of writing, designing, and coding.

Hopefully this month of free-time brings us to that point.
wrongu

Postby Krarl » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:48 am

Yes, I think so as well. I want to contribute, but I'm not willing to spend enough time and energy right now, when most of the things being done is working out how Sigma is going to work. It's enough coding systems for my own projects.
But something that I think would be nice is some kind of task list. That way those who want to help but don't have the time to fully engage in the project can see if there are any smaller things they can do.
Krarl

Postby adam » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:41 am

Tasks list for openal system is done. Expect some more real soon.
adam

Postby AiseKrom » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Hello again guys, I am back too. I was applying to university so I had a hectic few months. I am ready to make more sounds :)
AiseKrom

Postby logullo » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:18 am

Im literally exited abou Milestone 2! Im so looking foward to Trillek.
By the way, when does anyone think there will be the first more estable version (i know is going to take time) like Pre-Alpha, or Alpha? Or even a really, really, really version so peeople can make gameplays and the game will get more recogicement?
logullo

Postby Zardoz » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:22 am

;)
Yep, I have a blog : http://zardoz.es
Emulator DCPU-16 VM
Zardoz

Postby Krarl » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:25 am

So we have an in-game computer now? :O
Awesome!
Krarl

Postby Zardoz » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:56 pm

Actually I added it in a ugly way, but is working : https://github.com/Zardoz89/Sigma
Yep, I have a blog : http://zardoz.es
Emulator DCPU-16 VM
Zardoz

Postby Krarl » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:29 pm

Yeah, I understand that it's not integrated in a good way, but still, it's there, with Sigma.
Krarl

Next

Return to Announcements