Trillek Development Proposal

Trillek Development Proposal

Postby ShaneDalton » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:09 am

So, I was throwing around some ideas in my head and came up with this. Instead of explaining it on the forums I wrote it into a doc! Wiew!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WQClfQ9WZDZqYiIEhu6EnwDriBwJphREMHQq6rB3Jdg/edit?usp=sharing
Do excuse the ability to not edit the doc since it is just a proposal .
Project Lead
ShaneDalton
Project Lead

Re: Trillek Development Proposal

Postby Andrew » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:24 am

Love this idea.

How about the map is actually a boarding? One ship is forcefully docking next to the other, and as that is happening the teams can get prepared to either defend/assault a ship? It could also show contrasting art styles between the ships. I think this would be good because it's an actual gameplay scenario, rather than just a first person shooter map.

Also should this purely be to demonstrate client server comms, or should it also be a test-bed for mechanics such as zero gravity?
IRC: |Andy|
Andrew

Postby ShaneDalton » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:13 am

Andrew wrote:Love this idea.

How about the map is actually a boarding? One ship is forcefully docking next to the other, and as that is happening the teams can get prepared to either defend/assault a ship? It could also show contrasting art styles between the ships. I think this would be good because it's an actual gameplay scenario, rather than just a first person shooter map.

Also should this purely be to demonstrate client server comms, or should it also be a test-bed for mechanics such as zero gravity?

That actually sounds pretty awesome, as for zero gravity perhaps we'll have to talk to our programmers and see what they think.
Project Lead
ShaneDalton
Project Lead

Postby SunShiranui » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:15 am

This is a bit too much for a first milestone. We need to sort out the engine first, and then decide what to do next. I'm not even sure that an FPS component would be the smartest thing to do first, as we haven't really talked about that anyway.
SunShiranui

Postby ShaneDalton » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:18 am

It's not the first milestone this is pretty much going to be a test of our own engine. The first milestone is still happening I'm just throwing around development ideas.
Project Lead
ShaneDalton
Project Lead

Postby SirAwesomelot » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:04 pm

Sounds good to me!
I'm in.
SirAwesomelot

Postby JTxt » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:59 am

I'm honored that you put my name in your proposal, but...
SunShiranui wrote:This is a bit too much for a first milestone. We need to sort out the engine first, and then decide what to do next. I'm not even sure that an FPS component would be the smartest thing to do first, as we haven't really talked about that anyway.

I agree.

I wish the design (and writing doc?) was out in the open where we can see and improve them. Then we can start seeing and figuring out this game as a whole... (or at least the most basic parts that can be expanded later.) Then someone can make decisions on it (or even better: start building it) and we can choose to follow them.

IMO: The most promising part of this open source project so far is this thread-- people actually making and sharing what they're making. Open Source is about scratching your itch and making and sharing things worth improving by others-- that's what I want to follow and help.
JTxt
Art Lead

Postby mrout » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:13 am

Moved. Not an announcement.
mrout

Postby DarkSpartan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:12 pm

De-stickied, as this concept has been deprecated
DarkSpartan
Lead Designer

Return to Announcements