auto turrets

Post and debate ideas and concepts

auto turrets

Postby Tamer » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:39 am

I hope people are considering letting player place auto turrets controlled by the DCPU. players adept in programming could write aiming algorithms that could give them an edge in battle.
Tamer

Re: auto turrets

Postby Chance » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:40 pm

I agree with this
Chess is a sport. A violent sport. - Marcel Duchamp.
Chance

Postby DaveSparhawk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:50 am

i agree, but i would want the computer/DCPU to be slow enough that i don't get beaten by the AI all the time. Something that points and shoots would be OK, but if it can fly after me or compete with me without a user i would not be so pleased.
DaveSparhawk

Postby Robo4900 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:17 pm

If turrets that fly around were in the game, that would be über-OP. However, as DaveSparhawk said, aiming and shooting turrets would be great! :D
"When crisis strikes, the universe turns to one superhero. One of great strength and moral character, quick wit and inventiveness, incredible speed and flexibility, but most importantly, floppy ears and a big gun!"
Robo4900

Postby Chance » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:29 pm

Yes I agree the turrets should not be able to move but I also think they should be able to be customized, given different projectiles and weapons

Here's a thought: someone could set up a home base and the turrets would help protect it from enemies (Raiders, other Players, Pirates) people could build fortresses and attack one another.
Chess is a sport. A violent sport. - Marcel Duchamp.
Chance

Postby cptpatriot » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:59 am

With all due respect, if an auto turret have the CPU power available to outmaneuver and defeat a PC craft, I submit that, it is not the fault of the turret. It only means it was well engineered.

If that same machine is capable of self-repair and resupply, congratulations on your doomsday machine.
cptpatriot

Return to Design